Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Springing Up Flowers


Ok, so I need to work on my blocking. lol. I'm not so good at it. But the dishcloth turned out just fine. Here is where I got the pattern and it's free! http://krisknits.blogspot.com/ It is called Springing Up Flowers.
I've decided on my next one. It is called Knitted Three Crosses and you can find it here http://www.knittingknonsense.com./3crossescloth.html.\ I'm doing it in the lavender as I mentioned...kinda an Easter cloth. A little late I know. Gonna knit this one with size 6 needles since I'm a little of a loose knitter and she recommends a 7.
While browsing my stash the other night, I found another skein of the very same yarn I'm using to make my afghan/blanket for my bed! Yay! So now I can make another 5 squares before I have to hunt down another color (that is including the rest of the denim colourway I have).
I still also have my second sock on my loom. The finished one lays on my desk taunting me. *sticks tongue out at sock* I'll get to it eventually. I go through phases of loom and needle knitting and now I'm in a needle knitting phase I guess. *shrugs*
I've been sickly for two days and frankly I'm tired of it. I've slept and slept and slept. I'm really wanting to go the Knaughty Knitter this Thursday. We'll see. I usually get called to sub on Thursdays. Go figure.
I'm out.
Poof

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh I wanted to make that sprong flowers dishcloth but haven't gotten to it yet.

I am also not a blocker, I'd love to master it though my pictures really could use it.

As for the three crosses, I made about 25 of them Easter time last year and gave to all the women in my church and my mom and sisters, I loved it. I used white, and bought a couple cones of cotton I had so many to make.